CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Who are we?

We, Elder and Sister Herbert, are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints from Alaska. We live on the islands, serving a mission for our church. We will be here for 18 months! To learn more about our church click here!

This site is updated by our daughter and serves as a journal and letter log for our many adventures while we are here!

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Proud


Dearest Children,
Never been so proud of your dad in my life.  We went to visit two fairly new members who do not come to church.  They live several miles from the church and have no money for a taxi.  They said they have no problem walking several miles to the church....but it is dangerous to be out around immigration.  Paul was telling your dad that he has no clothes or shoes to wear.  So your dad takes off his shoes and gives them to Paul.  They fit!  So your dad visited and went to another visit with no shoes.  He told Paul, “I can’t give you money, but I can give you my shoes.”  I was so excited, I wanted to jump up and kiss your dad right in the middle of all those people.  
He is soooo ready to leave this island.  but I think we are here for a while...perhaps the rest of our mission.  It was very fun to have Evelyn and Diane here.  We  probably did everything that can be done on the island.....in 4 1/2 days.  I hated to see them leave, but maybe it was perfect timing.  We went to the beach almost every day.  They helped me teach English class, which was very fun.
I love you guys so much.  I am so proud of you.  Thank you so much for making good decisions and loving your families.  You have always made me so happy.  From the day I found I was pregnant with Scott until now, you have brought me great joy.  I know the greatest ecstasy and the deepest pain surrounds people in family.  I know these are the lessons we were to learn when we came to earth.  I want nothing more than to be with my family throughout eternity.
I love you very much,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. I really should have left my shoes and clothes too! I didn't do enough. Kudos to Mike! What is he going to wear now?

    And yes, Bonnie is proud of her kids! Brags and Brags!

    ReplyDelete