CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Who are we?

We, Elder and Sister Herbert, are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints from Alaska. We live on the islands, serving a mission for our church. We will be here for 18 months! To learn more about our church click here!

This site is updated by our daughter and serves as a journal and letter log for our many adventures while we are here!

Monday, October 5, 2009

We Are Here

It is 11PM and we have to get up at 6:30... but I just wanted to drop you a note to tell you we are safe and in Jamaica....88 degrees. I was planning on calling you all today and then again when we would be coming back through Miami next week. Now it looks like we will head straight to our island on Thursday. The information that we had to come back through Miami was incorrect so it looks like we go straight to Provodenciaies (I bet I messed up that speling) this Thursday. We will be going to a Zone conference tomorrow and then one Wednesday.... then some personal training from the Mission President on Wed afternoon before leaving the next day. The mission president and wife (President and Sister Graff) met us at the airport. We found lots of valuable information. It was great! Aimee, I see him as you explained your second mission president. He has sent several missionaries home and has several more that they are working with. He is working very hard to clean up the mission. I am glad we don't have to change mission presidents. He is very specific and direct, which will make it easier to work for. I am very happy. We went to customs in Jamiaca and you dad turned to me and said, "this was your idea!" I laughed and laughed. We are here for the duration.

I love you guys and pray for you more than you will know until you are away from your kids. I miss you all very much.
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment