CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Who are we?

We, Elder and Sister Herbert, are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints from Alaska. We live on the islands, serving a mission for our church. We will be here for 18 months! To learn more about our church click here!

This site is updated by our daughter and serves as a journal and letter log for our many adventures while we are here!

Friday, January 21, 2011

Tiny Blessings to Lift the Spirit

Yesterday I was getting a temple recommend interview (because I had lost my purse with the recommend in it).  Right in the middle of the conversation I got a call from Price Savers (a huge Costco like store here).  Someone had found my purse and wanted to return it to me.  We immediately got in the car and drove to Spanish town to find the address.  We went to a very rough area where I found the man who said they found the purse.  Oshane went with us to help us find the home.  The man (Christopher) said the back pack was found in the bushes and my purse was inside. 

A preliminary investigation found most everything was intact.  All my checks, credit cards, license, debit card, were there. (Of course I had already cancelled them)!   The backpack containing Elder Poulsen’s scriptures and ID were there.   Of course the computer and camera were gone…… I gave the guy 2000 Jamaica dollars for helping us…about $23 American.  We took the elder’s stuff to him.  It was such a relief to get the purse back…. To know no one had my checks to use is such a blessing.

The Schaefermeyers invited us to dinner.  We went and they offered us this extra computer to use while we are here.  It belongs to the Humanitarian missionaries, but they both have their own and do not need another one.  I am so grateful to be able to write my journal, skype, and email friends.  So I went back for the past several months and found old emails to get your addresses.  I'm sure I have left some out and perhaps added some new addresses.
Rasta Village- MoBay Spiritual Leader
At Port Royal



No comments:

Post a Comment