CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Who are we?

We, Elder and Sister Herbert, are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints from Alaska. We live on the islands, serving a mission for our church. We will be here for 18 months! To learn more about our church click here!

This site is updated by our daughter and serves as a journal and letter log for our many adventures while we are here!

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

No Words


I don’t know how to describe today.  A very somber day to start out because of Elder Walker’s  death yesterday.    We went to the mission office to print off some tax papers.  Because I could not get the IBM PC’s to read my zip drive, I took my whole computer, hooked it up, and got the job done.  Mike traded cars with the Daniels so we would have a pick-up to take George his wheel chair.  That took all morning so we headed straight out to Spanish Town to meet the Schefermeyers.  (They were meeting us to adjust George’s wheel chair).   Anyway, we picked up the elders, met the Schaefermeyers, and got George all set up.  He was like a kid in a candy store.  So excited.  !

We went on another visit and took the elders to Dominos to get a soda.  Probably in a 15 minute period of time,  between 4:30 PM and 4:45 someone broke the back window of the truck, stole my purse, the computer, and elder Poulsen’s  back pack.  In it was his scriptures, his camera,(with all his pictures form his mission) and other minor things.  I feel like we were kicked in the gut.  We went over to the Flakes and used their computer to cancel all my credit cards.  (Nothing had been used).
So - -- No computer!     No Purse!  No credit cards, or any way to get cash)!  The thieves left my movie camera and camera (so grateful)! Mike thinks it was such a quick job, they made one swipe and took what they thought was important.  There was no money in my wallet….so they got no cash


The Lord is in charge.  I just don't know the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment