CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Who are we?

We, Elder and Sister Herbert, are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints from Alaska. We live on the islands, serving a mission for our church. We will be here for 18 months! To learn more about our church click here!

This site is updated by our daughter and serves as a journal and letter log for our many adventures while we are here!

Monday, November 30, 2009

One Week Later

One week ago last night was the break-in. Spent much of the week calling all over the states trying to get my credit cards, debit cards, ID cards, all my personal information straightened out. What a mess. For any who have lost your wallet, you will understand the pain. Mike has been very good about not nagging/ reminding me that a wallet should not be stored in a car, even when it is locked. It makes me sort of sad because I like keeping my wallet in the car.....so I don’t loose it. I keep thinking the wallet will show up somewhere. Nothing in it will do anyone else any good. It would just be easier if they just would give it back. Trying to get a new driver’s license is proving to be a whole other crazy circle of roadblocks. I will probably try to get a local one.....costing way more than we want to pay......... then get a replacement when I get back to Alaska. Otherwise I will not be able to drive for the next 16 months, which is unacceptable.

We had a great Thanksgiving....way different than any I have had before. When we saw the $88.00 dollar price tag on a big (not huge) turkey, we figured we could do a little “different”. We ended up having a branch dinner. There were four ladies who cooked for about 40 men. When you think that is only cooking for 10 each, I guess that was doable. One lady cooked two turkey breasts. Another did a 20 pound potato salad. I did a huge “Wendy Crichfield” chicken salad along with my cinnamon rolls (made without my Bosch). The last lady bought rolls and drinks. It seemed to be enough for everyone. I actually enjoyed going to bed without being stuffed, and not having 30 pounds of food left over. Maybe this year I won’t gain 10 pounds between Thanksgiving and New Year. We had a sing-a-long. The Haitian men love to sing and several have amazing voices. Anyway everyone had fun.

Erin is here with her two beautiful little angel girls. It is wonderful to see them. Now if I had a license, I would leave the kids with Mike, and Erin and I would run around together. There is no shopping to speak of, but we could go visiting. Now poor Mike has to tag along even if he does not want to. Erin brought us an endless list of things we needed that we can not get here. It is funny because now that she is here, we have already started another list for the next visitor.

With the Christmas season upon us, Leah helped us set up our 1 foot tree tonight. She put the decorations on and them took them off again to play with them. Having children around puts me in the Christmas spirit.

We went to the beach today on our P-Day. It was about 85ยบ....slight breeze. Kids had a ball. Could not ask for more. Tomorrow Erin is helping with English Class and Family night. We love you all.
Mike and Bonnie


No comments:

Post a Comment