CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Who are we?

We, Elder and Sister Herbert, are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints from Alaska. We live on the islands, serving a mission for our church. We will be here for 18 months! To learn more about our church click here!

This site is updated by our daughter and serves as a journal and letter log for our many adventures while we are here!

Thursday, March 11, 2010

White Shirts



Got stung by a wasp last week. My hand swelled up and it was painful. I kept ice on it for a long time but, even after a week, my hand is still sore. I think as I get older, I am more allergic to things like that.

Well Elder Davies is back in Jamaica. Elder Talbert took his place. We took Elder Davies to the airport this AM and picked up Elder Talbert this afternoon. Yesterday we took Elder Davies around to say goodbye. We will miss him but I think Elder Talbert will be a good addition. He plays the piano and is is very good on the computer. I listened to him teach for a few minutes tonight and was very impressed.

There were about 65 men in the English class tonight. I have no idea why they keep coming, but we do have fun. There were about 60 that stayed for institute. About 15 were members and the rest just stayed after English class. It is a lot of work but I hope that perhaps some are getting more than just English.

The Ockeys had a dozen white shirts with ties sent from their ward in Florida. We passed them out Saturday and Sunday to some of the men who did not have white shirts. They loved them so. We watched as they passed the sacrament and attended to their priesthood duties. It was so fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment